Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Twenty-Nine

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.
Peter De Vries

Whew, what a day!  I put on my chauffeur's hat this morning and I was just able to take it off about an hour ago.  I don't usually do that much driving my chicklets from here to there, which I am extremely thankful for.  Man, those of you who do have my respect!  How do you do it?  One day of it and I am pooped!  I better get used to it a bit, 'cuz it's the new normal around here for a while.  The Munchkin is taking several classes around town and Boy Wonder's robotic season kicks off soon --- between the two of their schedules it looks like I am going to be a Mama Hen on the go for the next few months or more. 

I am actually pretty excited for the Munchkin.  Unlike Boy Wonder who went to a brick and mortar school and knows it is not for him, she has nothing to compare her schooling to.  It's kinda one of those "the grass is greener" things, and even when we try to explain that this is what works and what is best for our family, she sometimes wishes to be "in school" just so she can see what it's like.  Fortunately, there are some classes available locally over the next few months that will give her the taste of going to school.  Well, what I would call the "fun part" of going to school anyway.  We've enrolled her in some art and drama classes and if you know her, then you know these classes are right up her alley.

I have no idea where life will take my little chickie, but I know wherever she lands she'll be doing it in a style all her own.

 
Today's good stuff?
Watching my baby girl spread her wings and fly.

No comments: