Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Thirteen

“So when you're cold
From the inside out
And don't know what to do,
Remember love and friendship,
And warmth will come to you.”  
Stephen Cosgrove
Gnome from Nome

This has been a crazy year.  It seems like only yesterday we were putting the air conditioners in the windows of the farmhouse, and now I'm freezing my patootie off.  Can you say "brrrr" ?  According to the trusty thermometer on the back porch it is 30 degrees outside.  That's a bit cold, but what really puts a chill in this ol' bird's bones is that it is only 60 degrees inside.  Oops, I lied.  My handy dandy bedside thermometer says 56.   Where did I put those long johns?

We heat the farmhouse with wood heat.  It usually does a pretty good job of keeping my tootsies toasty, but unfortunately the Geek hasn't had much time to gather firewood this fall.  Up to now it hasn't been too unbearable, but I think it's time to put it at the top of my "honey - do" list don't you?  I hate to nag, but my fingers are getting numb!


Today's good stuff?
A double "play date" for the Munchkin and me. 
She got a friendship ring and I got to enjoy some grown up conversation for a change -- what a treat! 

No comments: