Friday, November 30, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Thirty

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
William Arthur Ward

Well I did what I set out to do, I made time each day (even on some pretty dismal days) to seek out "the good stuff".  I know it was kind of predictable --- choosing November as my month to try my hardest to adopt an attitude of gratitude.  But predictable or not, it was one of the best things I could have done. 

Like the quote above states, gratitude is transforming.  If you let it, it makes the blah stuff shine, the ho-hum stuff rock and the ever day stuff matter.  But even more, if you are in a season of mourning like I am, it makes the pain bearable.

I know better than to say I will continue to do this every day without fail, but I think I can safely say I will try.  My heavenly Father bestows a multitude of blessings on this ol' Mama Hen everyday.  I just gotta remember they are there --- I need only to stop, look and be grateful.

 
Today's good stuff?
Seeing Handel's Messiah with my chicklets.
What an awesome way to close out November and move full force into the holiday season!

No comments: