Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Fourteen

Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young.

There are days where I am amazed at the fine young man Boy Wonder is becoming.  I stand in awe of his intelligence and insatiable quest for acquiring knowledge.   His quick wit and willingness to help others are commendable.  He is truly a joy to have around.  Yeah, there are days I am thrilled the he is my eldest chicklet.  Today? Not one of those days, folks.

Apparently today is "Give Your Mother Grief at Every Possible Moment and Hold Her Personally Responsible for All That is Wrong in Your Poor Teenage Life" Day.  Yeah, it seems I didn't get the memo that the fact that he has no clean clothes to wear because his sorry self did not manage to get the pile of clothes living under his bed into a basket and into the laundry room despite several requests is in actuality all my fault.  And the fact that he didn't eat lunch with the rest of us because he said he wasn't hungry when he really was hungry which ultimately resulted in the fact that that by the time dinner rolled around he was in such a state of what could only be labeled hunger induced beastly-ness You guessed it --- my fault once againI won't even insult your intelligence by asking you to guess whose fault it was that his hair decided that today was not the day it was going to go just the right way.  I mean what rock was someone living under if they could not see that it looked just horrible and not pretty much like it does every other freakin' day of the year?

Gah!

I may be preaching to the choir here, but parenting teens is not for the faint of heart!  Can I get an amen?  I shudder to think that I have to go through this two more times --- God help me!

 
Today's good stuff?
A nice warm cup of cocoa to sooth my wearied soul.  Mmmmm!

No comments: