Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Twenty-Four

I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
Mark Twain

That quote hits pretty close to home today.  "Hate" is such a strong word though, "want to sell to the gypsies" is probably apropos in this instance.  My three chicklets were none too happy to leave their East Coast cousins this morning.  To show their disdain they have banded together and chosen to be serious pains in the keester.  The two oldest did nothing but bicker and the little one whined for 8-plus hours.  If I didn't love them, I would be tempted to leave 'em at the hotel in the morning.  Don't worry, I would never actually do it ... it was just a thought that passed through my mind when I had to listen to the umpteenth complaint about how someone was in someone else's space.  Gah!  

You know what would be an awesome option on a minivan? A soundproof barrier between the front and back seats.  They could call it the "family travel package".  Just imagine ... the kiddies could whine and complain to their heart's content and mama wouldn't have to hear a thing. Ahhh!  Now that'd be a vacation!

Today's good stuff?
A nice long hot shower with plenty of water pressure. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sound-proof barrier thing may just be the best idea I've ever heard of in my life. :) Hope you had a great holiday!

-Gretchen