Monday, November 12, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Twelve

Many of our fears are tissue-paper-thin, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them. 
Brendan Francis

The Munchkin has decided that she is deathly afraid of going alone upstairs in the ol' farmhouse.  She says the creaks and rattles are just too scary to face all by herself.  I tried explaining that it's just the wind and the house settling from time to time (it is over a hundred years old --- it's entitled to a little whining dontcha think?) but the little lady is still wary.  Even armed with a logical explanation, she holds tight to her fears of the unknown.

I don't know about you, but I can relate.  Oh, I'm not afraid of the boogieman getting me (most of the time anyway) but that "unknown stuff" --- it sometimes scares the bejeebies outta me.  

There are times my mind gets stuck on the big "what ifs".  What would happen if the Geek lost his job?  What would I do if something terrible happened to my sweetie or one of my kids What would I do if Mom became extremely disabled and harder to care for? 

Sometimes it's the little "what ifs" that cause me to freak a bit.  There's no clean clothes, what am I going to wear Oh crud, I forgot to grocery shop---what are we gonna have for dinner? You get the picture.

 “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
Matthew 6:34 -- The Message

I've always tried to remember that Bible verse when I start to go down the dark path of fear and worry.   Just like I try to tell the Munchkin to turn on the light and it won't be so scary, those words are a "light" to me that remind me I have nothing to be afraid of either --- God's got it covered. 



Today's good stuff?
I've been listening to alot of Christian music lately.  This song is song that always brings a smile to my face.  How could you not be joyful when you are singing along to this?

No comments: