Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Good Stuff - Day Seven

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be.
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. 
Groucho Marx
The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
 
There are a lot of disappointed voters out there today.  Things might not have gone according to your plan with yesterday's big hullabaloo, but as one of my favorite bloggers -- Courtney Walsh --- so eloquently put it --- "the results of this election weren't a surprise to God. He has a plan. We have to trust in that.  

Maybe something or someone you voted for didn't pass/win and now you are left feeling unhappy --- uneasy perhaps. Well fret no more my friend.  Just trust that God has your back, because it's true.  He's got you in the palm of His hand and He will take care of you.  That's not some flimsy campaign promise, that's His promise and it comes with an lifetime --- an eternal lifetime --- guarantee if you just believe.  That gets my vote any day!


Today's good stuff?
I gotta cool new tech toy --- my sweetie bought me an ipad!

No comments: