Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 5


To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
Barbara Johnson

Tuesdays are very busy days for us. (Oh, who am I kidding --- every day is busy!)  Today was extra jam-packed with lots of driving.  This evening Boy Wonder and I had to make a 50 Mile each way trip to his weekly robotics club meeting. I love these drives with my man-child. He opens up with me and talks freely about things that are on his mind. Even though most of it is technical and way above my head, I love the fact that he is so willing to talk. I want him to know that he matters to me and what he has to say matters to me because it matters to him. I know that he will be off and on his own in the blink of an eye and that makes our "Tuesday Talks" all the more precious to me. I will treasure the memories forever and I hope he does too.

It seems like only yesterday Boy Wonder wasn't 6 feet tall --- he was just my little sweet peanut.

the good stuff --- spending time with my firstborn

No comments: