Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 26


Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
from  a headstone in Ireland

I don't know exactly what triggered it --- a song on the radio, something on TV or just a random thought --- but something reminded me of my dad today.  This happens often, but most times I smile or get a little misty-eyed for a few moments.  Today, however, the memory put me in a bit of a funk.  In fact my blue mood lasted much of the day.
Even now at bedtime, I am missing him more than I usually do.  But even through the hurt, I am so very blessed with the years of memories I hold within my heart of always being my daddy's little girl --- even when I grew to be a wife and mother.  His hugs were the best and his heart was full of love.

the good stuff --- memories of my daddy's love

No comments: