Friday, November 29, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 28


Thanksgiving, man.  Not a good day to be my pants.
Kevin James

Today is the the first time the Geek and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner in 20 years.  It was a small crowd --- just the six residents of the ol' farmhouse plus the Geek's mom and stepfather.  The guest list may have been short, but there was no shortage of food, laughter or memories made.  

My favorite part?  It would have to be an idea I borrowed from somewhere online (sorry I can't remember where exactly.)  The chicklets decorated a paper bag with a hand drawn turkey.  We then wrote down things we were thankful for on slips of paper and "stuffed the turkey."  I challenged the family to come up with at least fifty things --- we surpassed that goal and found well over 100!  The chicklets loved doing so much, they asked if we could do it again sometime.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving --- I know I did!

the good stuff --- so much to be thankful for

No comments: