Monday, November 4, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 4


Grown don't mean a thing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing.
Toni Morrison

I am blessed to have the opportunity to have my mother living with us.  It has its less than perfect moments as  many mother/daughter relationships often do, but I realize the gift it is to be able to give back a portion of what she's done for me.  It's not always easy as I step into more of a "parent" role with her a little more each day, but God gives me strength to meet the challenge. And even though our relationship has changed and I am a grown woman, there are still times I still need my mama. 

Today was one of those days.  I was feeling a bit under the weather.  When I saw my mother this morning, she took one look at me and made me sit in one of her chairs.  She had me recline and covered me with a nice warm blanket.  It felt so good to feel cared for.

the good stuff --- a mother's love no matter how old you are

No comments: