Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 20

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
Author Unknown
I hate to have my picture taken --- always have.  Despised it even when I was a skinny bean-pole.  Now that my "horizon" has (ahem) broadened, I am even more reluctant to do so.  I read somewhere once that it is important to try and be in pictures every now and then so your kids know you were present in their childhood.  For that reason alone I reluctantly make sure my mug gets immortalized in film every now and then, but I have never really been happy with the result until this picture.

The Munchkin is everything I am not.  She is outgoing and the life of whatever party she shows up at.  No party? No problem she'll turn an everyday event into a celebration.  I know God chose me to be her mother, but I have often wondered why.  I think I am finally getting at least part of  it.  She makes me be the me God intends me to be.  To get out there and live life to it's fullest.  She gets me to get off the sidelines and challenges me to share smiles and my faith with wild abandon like she does.  She is a handful and a blessing beyond my wildest imagination.

See that smile on my face? She put it there.


the good stuff --- the blessing of being the munchkin's mama

No comments: