Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 13

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.
Clara Ortega

I am the baby of my family.  My brothers and sisters were all out of the house by the time I was born.  Well most of them anyway.  One of my big brothers was seven when I made my grand debut.  I have always loved  the story that when he was told a new baby was coming home from the hospital he was asked do you want a sister?" His response? " I'd rather have a puppy!"

He lives far away from me now, so I don't get to see him all that often.  We had hoped to spend Turkey Day with him and his family like we did last year.  Unfortunately, my mother isn't up to a two day car trip this year.  He surprised us instead with an impromptu visit today.  It was fun catching up and reminiscing with him.  I will hate to see him go in a few days, but for now I will enjoy the fun while it lasts.

the good stuff --- having a big brother who  loves you
even if you're not the puppy he wanted 


1 comment:

Jill said...

How wonderful!!!