Monday, November 11, 2013

The Good Stuff 2013: Day 11

Silently, like thoughts that come and go, the snowflakes fall, each one a gem.
William Hamilton Gibson

Today was a much better day than yesterday.  Oh the weather outside was frightful, but that just made the fire in the fireplace all the more delightful.  The cold moods most of the farmhouse's occupants had yesterday were definitely warmer too.  Laughter replaced angry words and smiles took the place of frowns.  

I had to venture out in the cold November rain to grocery shop.  This task is not a favorite of mine and the poor weather made it even less inviting.  Thanks to my quest to make an extra effort to look for the good stuff this month, I mustered up a somewhat positive attitude and saw the time away as a chance to enjoy an hour of mostly uninterrupted thought.  To my delight, I was blessed when the rain changed to softly falling snow as I made my way back home from my errand.  

the good stuff ... watching the first snowflakes of the season fall 
while sitting inside by a warm fire

No comments: