Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pie Heaven

Fall is my favorite season, but Summer ain't too shabby either.  Ninety-plus degree temperatures with nasty humidity like we've had lately, I could do without thank you very much.  She redeems herself nicely though, with a plethora of fresh veggies and fruits --- the taste of which you just can't get any other time of the year. 

Tomatoes fresh out of the garden ... to die for! 

Fresh cool cucumber salad ... the best!

But by far my favorite summer time treat (and my brood's too if the rate at which they are consuming them is any indication) are fresh strawberries.  Sadly the season is winding down, but we are still finding enough to enjoy the occasional homemade shortcake and our favorite .. Simply Scrumptious Strawberry Pie.

“When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
Jack Handy

I don't know if there'll be pie in heaven ... seems like there ought to be if you ask me.  I do know that eating a slice of this sweet creation, however, is pretty darn close to heaven on earth!  Make one today, you won't be sorry you did :)

No comments: