Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Geeks Rule!

Got a crazy day ahead of me, but I just wanted to take the time and wish y'all a Happy "Embrace Your Inner Geekiness" Day!  It's the day to celebrate your inner (or in my case ... most of the time... outer) dorkiness.   It's a fact, nerdiness reigns here on the farm.  The Geek and Boy Wonder contribute the most, but I do alright ... I mean I do have an engineering degree afterall :) 


"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don’t."
Author Unknown

If you read that first quote and the words "African or European?" come to mind you are most definitely on the geek squad!  If you don't get those quotes, then you aren't a geek, but that's okay I love ya' anyway :)  Let me explain it for you non-geeks ...  the first is from the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" -- a movie geeks all over the world can quote verbatim.  Don't try too hard to understand it ...it's a geek thing.  As for the second quote, "10" is binary for "2".. get it now?  

I guess if you aren't a geek (or even if you are), you could embrace the ones that are in your life today.  Give 'em a big ol' hug and let 'em know you think they're awesome.  I mean seriously, where would this world be if it weren't for the geeks?  Probably sitting in a cave somewhere still waiting for someone to invent the wheel :)

So join me in standing tall and proudly letting the world know it's okay to be a nerd.  In fact it's more than okay ... it's downright cool!

"The drummer must march to his own beat in order for the crowd to follow any music at all."
Author Unknown

Geeks Rule!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You mean, like, "'tis but a scratch; run away, run away; Nee; a shubbery; it's just a harmless little bunny". Hey, wait a minute.......

Pamela said...

yep...you're a geek alright:)