Boy Wonder (as I have mentioned before) raises chickens. Once a year these chickens get a chance to redeem themselves by bringing home a ribbon or trophy from the local county 4H fair. Boy Wonder, in addition to showing chickens, also participates in the photography competition and has done very well in past years.
This year marks the first year the Munchkin can compete as a Clover Sprout. She has chosen to show photographs as well. It's also the first year I decided to throw my hat in the ring too. I have entered two photographs and a poem in the adult division.
Fair Week is a very
tiring fun week with very little down time. I may not be able to do a lot of blog writing, but I will try to provide updates on our fair activities for the week. If this is of no interest to you, rest assured I will return to my regular, overwhelmingly fascinating blog posts next week :)
Monday - July 25th
- Boy Wonder brought home 2nd place in Poultry Showmanship for his class (Junior Division, ages 12-15)
- One of Boy Wonder's chickens received best in it's class -- kinda a big deal.
- Boy Wonder's Showmanship score earned him a place in Showmanship Sweepstakes, a competition on Saturday where he will have to show each of the animal types at fair (ex. poultry, diary cattle, swine, etc)
What's ahead this week:
Just some of what's ahead this Fair Week 2011
- Mama Hen's pictures and Poem get judged by Wednesday 6.
- Boy Wonder and the Munchkin compete in Photography (not against each other)
- And lots of other fun times brought to you by fair.
Keep posted or if you'd rather not ... I'll see you back here net week.
Have a good week!