Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Blinked

How did it happen?

How did this..


become this?



Today I became the mama of a teenager  Yikes!  I guess that's what happens when you blink ;)    When I had Boy Wonder I had fantasies about what being a mother was going to be like.  It didn't take long to realize that the life I dreamed of and the life I got were not one in the same.  Thank You God!  Parenting a child like my boy may not have been exactly the path I envisioned, but it's the one I have been blessed with.  I am so thankful God has given me this handsome, complex, intelligent, and absolutely awesome child to love. 

Boy Wonder,
I am proud of you and the man you are becoming.  Your faith in God is a light to others.  Your unique view on the world refreshes me.  You are gifted in so many ways, I can only imagine what God has in store for you.  I pray that He will bless you today and always. You're my best!
Love,
Mama

4 comments:

Courtney Walsh said...

Gasp! So big! He was SO little! awwww...my daughter is double digits now...it's CRAZY!!! Happy Birthday to your boy! :)

Pamela said...

Aw, thanks for the birthday wishes. They really do grow up fast ... he was just over 7 lbs. and 21 inches @ birth and now he's a lean 140-something and closing in on 6 ft. It's so wierd to have to look up at my "little sweet peanut"!

yesterday's girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yesterday's girl said...

Happy Birthday to Boy Wonder. You're going to love having a teenager around. They have a way of questioning everything which if you're open to it will cause you to question too. We have some strange expectations of our young people, but I don't see you or Boy Wonder fitting into someone elses mold. Again Happy Birthday to Boy Wonder and his parents.