Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Good Stuff - Day Seven

"In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day--or to celebrate each special day." Rasheed Ogunlaru

The Geek was gone all week again travelling for business.  I don't like it one bit. Okay having the world's most comfortable bed all to myself I like, but the rest of the whole "solo parenting" gig really stinks! 
My mom experienced a "health crisis" this week which necessitated several trips to the doctor and pharmacy, as well as near constant supervision while at home.  This would have been pretty tough with the Geek here to lend a hand, but it was mind boggling without backup. Fortunately the littles had only a few extra-curricular activities this week and sibling rivalry was not as bad as it can be. I have seen evidence in the past of the old saying, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't no one else happy, " so I did my best to keep a positive attitude about things and a smile on my face.
I thought I had done a pretty good job until the Geek walked in the back door and I rushed to hug him.  As he wrapped his arms around me the stress of the week melted away in the warmth of his embrace.  It was then I heard Boo say, "Look --- Mama has her smile back!"

Todays Good Stuff:
Getting the chance to break away for a few minutes to get the family truckster washed.  There's something about washing all the dirt and crud off my car and "starting fresh" that lifts my spirits every time♡

No comments: