Monday, November 24, 2014

The Good Stuff 2014 - Day Twenty-four

Good timber does not grow with ease:
The stronger wind, the stronger trees;
The further sky, the greater length;
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
Douglas Malloch

The wind has been howling all day around here.  I would have liked to hide out in the safety of the ol' farmhouse, but that was not what was required of me today.  Nope, I had to put on my "big girl panties" and face the wind.  And you want to know something? I made it.  I did what I had to do and I am better for it.  It's kinda mind boggling when you're living a metaphor for life:)

Today's good stuff:
Getting a chance to get away from the house all alone for a few hours.  The wind might have been blowing like crazy outside the minivan, but inside this Mama Hen was enjoying her peace and quiet

No comments: