Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Good Stuff 2014: Days Twelve thru Nineteen

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
John Lennon

Ain't that the truth? 

I don't know what happened to the last eight days, except to say I have been busy living the life I have been blessed with.  It hasn't been all that pretty and it certainly hasn't been all that fun, but it's my life and I am grateful for every messy minute of it.  

This morning I wandered into my mother's room and she shared a bit of motherly wisdom. Sleep has eluded me as of late and that combined with other stresses has left me pretty run down.  Mama said that this is all a blessing because faith draws one closer to God at times like this.  She's right.  I know in my heart that if life was all sunshine and happiness it would be far too easy to "forget" about God, but it's the stormy seas that sends me clinging to my Heavenly Father.  The seas would be the same without a faith in God, but I would not.  The gift of faith gives me a comfort that only comes from above.

Today's good stuff:
The first significant snowfall of the season.  The blanket of white covers all the dirt and makes the world look fresh and bright --- a much needed reminder that God does the same for me.  I may be broken, but to God I am worth saving

No comments: