Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Good Stuff 2014 - Day Twenty

God doesn't bless us just to make us happy; He blesses us to make us a blessing.
Warren W. Wiersbe

I haven't been feeling well for the last few days. But feeling lousy isn't the worse part about being "out of sorts" --- what's worse is knowing how many people in this house depend on me and not being able to help them. Oh sure the Geek or the littles can handle making dinner and some cleaning -- but it's the mountains of little stuff that piles up so quickly ---like laundry, homeschool lessons, menu planning and grocery shopping. Everyone (willingly) gives me a hand with my mother's care too, but the brunt of it still falls on me. The truth is the Geek already has a full time job and the littles are still just that ... little.
There is no denying the fact that my being "out of commission" takes its toll on the order around the farmhouse pretty quickly. Even with all the helping hands, there's still so much I need to do to keep things running smoothly. Please don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.I know that being able to serve my family is a gift from God. That is why as happy as I am to be feeling more like myself today for me,  I am also grateful because now I am in much better shape to serve ( and bless) those God has put in my care.

Today's good stuff:
The Geek's pickles that he canned were finally ready to nosh on.  Mmmmm!

No comments: