Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Good Stuff 2014 - Day Twenty-nine

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
Author Unknown

Today I said goodbye to my favorite aunt.  At the funeral service several people shared memories of her.  Some were funny, especially the stories of her "frugality". One story told of the time she served beans from one can to ten people -- two beans per person -- at Thanksgiving and was proud to still have leftovers the next day --- now that's frugal!!! Most stories, however,  were about the fact that while she was not one to necessarily be in the limelight, her presence was always there in the background serving others and most of all making everyone (including me) feel loved. 
I'll miss you Auntie E and I look forward to seeing you again someday.  Say hi to my Daddy and my sister for me♡

Today's good stuff:
Seeing family I don't have the pleasure of seeing often.  Though time has changed us, the bond of love that is family remaims as strong as ever.

No comments: