Friday, July 6, 2012

A Good Day



Today was a good day because I ---

--- got to spend time with a friend.
We hadn't seen each other in a while, but you would never know it.  We fell right back into that comfortable banter that makes me treasure our friendship so much.  She "gets" me and I am blessed to have her in my life :)

--- the Geek took me out to dinner so I didn't have to cook in this 100+ degree heat. 
True it was not a quiet dinner for two --- we had to take the whole brood with us and with two hard of hearing octogenarians and three chicklets the conversation was L-O-U-D.   Even though it was anything but intimate, and our waitress was taking a ride on the "cranky train," it beat standing in front of a hot stove on a scorcher like today was.

--- the kids didn't quibble as much as usual. 
The three of them are constantly bickering, but it sure seemed like they toned it down a bit today.  Maybe it was just that the heat numbed my brain to the point where I was able to tune them out.  Either way, it was a blessing to not have to listen to them pester each other incessantly.


None of these will make the history books I suppose, but together they were more than enough to chill out this Mama  Hen a bit and when it's as hot as it has been around here lately that is enough for this ol' bird

No comments: