Wednesday, July 25th:
- Spent most of the day prepping Boy Wonder for his Public Speaking competition. The cramming paid off and he brought home Reserve Grand Champion honors for his project. He gave us fits preparing for this event -- don't know why because he's pretty much a natural at it. Maybe it was because it was his first year trying it, or maybe he just was embracing his cantankerous adolescence, but whatever it was -- that boy was not on my favoritist people list by this afternoon. It all worked out in the end and hopefully the high honors will convince him this is something he's good at and next year he can come back even stronger and not wait til the last minute to pull it together.
- The kids took a few rounds around the carnival, but everyone was feeling a little off so we headed home "early" at 8 o'clock. The plan is to get a good night's sleep and get our stamina back.
What's in the plans for tomorrow:
- Made a mistake yesterday while reading the fair schedule --- It's tomorrow that the Munchkin will be trying to bring home a trophy in the Pedal Tractor Pull. I know a little three year old who would love to join her, but I'm pretty sure competition begins at age four, so he's got another year to wait for his turn at the wheel.
- The teens are planning on watching the Truck and Tractor Pull --- Mama Hen and the Geek are prolly gonna pass on that one --- it's too loud for the old farts
- Looking forward to listening to a country music band under the stars