Thursday, August 25, 2011

When He Smiles

The Little Prince must be about to have some major developmental milestone.  It seems like just before a major growth spurt or the like, he gets extremely out of sorts.  This is usually coupled with a rough night or two, which is never fun.  For the past couple of days, he has been in full-on stinker mode and last night was just about sleepless for both of us.  I don't know about you, but I tend to be pretty ornery too when something (or someone) cuts in on my precious slumber time, so this is not boding well for the rest of my brood either.

The rugrat isn't sick, just throwing hellacious temper tantrums and getting into anything and everything.  When he hears "No!" "Stop!" or "Don't Touch!" the little poop does just the opposite.  Today he started drawing on things he shouldn't (like the furniture) and when Grandma tried to take the crayons away, he threw a handful of them right at her.  Such a delightful child ... not!

Just when I am ready to pack him up and ship him off to anywhere but here, he goes and does something like this ...


... and my heart melts. 

My little man is fully embracing the whole "Terrible Two" moniker right now.   I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass in the blink of an eye.  I won't go so far as to say I'll miss this stage, but I will miss the way his sweet little baby face shines when he turns on the charm.
 
"So quickly you grow with bounds and leaps but the sweetest memories are mine for keeps!"
Author Unknown

No comments: