Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sanctuary

The Geek is usually what I would call a subtle romantic.  He rarely writes me love notes.  He does not regularly sing me love songs or buy me a bouquet of beautiful flowers.  Although he has done all of those things, he normally shows his love in sublte, less "romantic" ways.  He does the grocery shopping and most of the cooking.  He changes poopy diapers without complaining.  He washes his fair share of dishes and takes out the trash.  He lets me know I am loved by doing all those "everyday things" that need doing all without being asked.   But every once in a while he does something BIG.  Something over the top.  Something unexpected that takes my breath away and makes me feel so very loved.  Something like this:


The Geek gave it to me with the promise to try and make sure I have the opportunity to ride it as often as possible.  I am blessed beyond measure to be able to be a stay-at-home mama, but there are times when I just need a little break from the craziness.  Not only do I need to exercise my body, I need to stretch my mind.  I need time alone to lose myself in thought (and prayer) or I may just lose what little sanity I have left.  I love my chicklets to the moon and back, but every mama hen needs to take care of her heart and soul or she won't have anything left to take care of her brood, and I am no exception.  I am hoping that riding this bike will be able to provide some of that much needed "self-care" to me.


I love that this bike is called "Sanctuary" ... another "God-instance" (as opposed to coincidence) if you ask me.  It couldn't be more perfect for me... and neither could the Geek :)

“Sanctuary, on a personal level, is where we perform the job of taking care of our soul.”
Christopher Forrest McDowell



No comments: