Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to ???

I was going to call this post "Back to Normal", but things are never really all that normal around here.  Thanks to the mayhem that is fair week, the ol' farmstead is a little lot on the sloppy side right now. It's so much easier to just let housework slide when you're away from home for 14 hours a day.  I have to keep reminding myself it was worth it because boy, I sure have my work cut out for me now!  Of course I'll get plenty of willing help from the chicklets, but it's hard to inspire the troops when you yourself would rather just sit and sip lemonade.

If it's all the same to you, I'm going take a few days off from blogging and just chill (if that's even possible in this 90 degree heat).  I might do a little catching up on my to do list.  Topping the list? Giving my brood a few extra hugs --- there's a lot of long faces now that the excitement of fair is behind us and their cousins have gone home.   But then again I just might follow Pooh's advice and do a little nothing.

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne


Have a good week and I'll be back next week or sooner if I feel so moved :)

2 comments:

Jill Briggs said...

I'm waiting for your call!

yesterday's girl said...

Pooh has been called a bear of very little sense, I've never agreed with
that.