Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lunch Date

I know I'm on a sort of self imposed "vacation" from blogging this week, but I couldn't let this go without mentioning.  I had lunch with a very dear friend of mine today. She has been a part of my life for so long now ... about 25 years.  Wowza, that's more than half my lifetime!  She is truly one of the nicest people I have ever been blessed to be able to call "friend". 

Whenever we get together, she always comes with lots of "goodies" and today was no exception.   Today's booty included scrapbooking supplies for me and my chicklets, clothes for the Munchkin and the Little Prince and lots of books for my brood.  There were even several fresh cucumbers from her garden .... nothing like garden fresh cukes!  It was almost like Christmas morning.  I felt so bad I had nothing to give her in return and swear the next time I see her I will not come empty handed.

Dear Sweet Friend,

I just want to tell you Thank You.  Thank you for the gifts you have given me, especially for the gift of your friendship all these years.  I thank God for you and I can't imagine my life without you in it! 

May God Bless You Always!


"I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me.
I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be;
I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day,
as you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way." 
Edgar A. Guest

2 comments:

yesterday's girl said...

Hi Pamela, Thanks for support on my diet. It's so not fun. Time to be a grown up I guess.
About the art lessons,,,I would be interested. Would you be interested in bringing them to an after school class? I would be keeping it small.
Can you use comments as e-mails?

Anonymous said...

Your company is all I need.