Friday, December 2, 2011

What a Week!

Whew, TGIF!  This has been one crazy week for this ol' Mama Hen.  I don't know about you, but I am desperately in need of a nice and quiet, relaxing weekend.  That ain't happening anytime soon, but I can dream, right?  Hey, I would settle for just slightly less chaotic even.

We were on the road every night this week traveling here and there and everywhere in between.  Monday evening found us driving 90 miles going to and from the chicklet's monthly 4H club meeting.  Boy Wonder was the Club Historian for the second year in a row.  Basically this translates to club photographer, a job he totally enjoys since it gives him the chance to get his hands on Mama Hen's Nikon.  He put together a slide show with music and photographs from last year's club events and presented copies of the presentation on DVD to everyone at the meeting.  That was before the election and let's just say I think it had everything to do with his re-election.  The other 4H-ers were so geeked to see themselves and so thankful for their own copies of the pictures.  Before we headed for home, the Munchkin got to do a little "show and brag" when she showed off her poultry showmanship trophy from Nationals.

Boy Wonder has been asked been told his project work in 4H has earned him the opportunity to compete at a state level.  Tuesday night we went to an informational meeting about the state award program and found out he we have a lot of work ahead of us.  This is just the first step in what could ultimately result in a 4 year college scholarship, so it is definitely worth the time and effort.

Tuesday was also the day the Little Prince decided to take a tumble and bumped his head.  Thankfully it doesn't seem to have given him much more than a tiny scratch on his forehead.  He will be the death of me yet, I tell ya!

Wednesday night we put another 40+ miles on the car going to and from church. The weather was lousy, but Boy Wonder is in his second and final year of confirmation classes and it would take more than a few snowflakes to make him miss class.  The youth program at our church is very active and very much in sync with what's going on with today's kids.  In churches we have been a part of in the past, most teens can't wait to be done with confirmation and basically done with church.  I would have to say it's pretty much the exact opposite at our church.

While I was off at my knitting class Thursday evening (another 20+ miles on the family truckster), the Munchkin was home getting sicker by the minute.  She woke up earlier in the day complaining about a headache.  By the time I got home from class, she was running a fever of over 102 degrees and complaining that it hurt to move her neck.  One quick call to the pediatrician and we were on our way to the hospital ER (25 miles away) at 11 o'clock at night to rule out meningitis. Yikes!  The ER doctor said even though it appears to just be a bad viral infection, we did the right thing by bringing her in. We finally tumbled into bed around 2:30 in the morning.  Can you say pooped?

One bright spot in my week was winning a give-away  for a copy of the current issue of Amy Power's Inspired Ideas on the Dandelion Farm Girl blog.  Be sure to check out both links.  The magazine is chock full of fun holiday craft ideas and Marci (a.k.a. Dandelion Farm Girl) is one very creatively inspiring lady.  Her blog has plenty of awesome ideas sure to help you get your creative juices flowing.  I never dreamed I'd be a winner, but it was just what I needed to bring a bit of "happy" into my otherwise hectic week.  Thanks again Marci!

Well, as I said, it has been quite a week.  I think I will go grab a blanket and curl up on the couch, watch a Christmas movie and try not to worry about what mayhem is looming in my future. 

Don't forget to check out the Dandelion Farm Girl

No comments: