Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Getting Closer

When the Munchkin took today's link off the paper "Advent" chain, I realized Christmas is only 16 days away.  Yikes!  I had visions of making alot of presents this year.  In fact, there's a pile of fleece fabric in the corner waiting to be cut and turned into Christmas PJs for my brood.  I am beginning to get a feeling that it might not be happening this yuletide season.  I suppose I could get my behind in gear and get my "elf" on and whip up some dandy jammies, but who am I kidding?  I have turned procrastination into an art form.  Maybe I'll just wrap the fabric up and tell 'em it's a blanket.  Think it'll work?  Me neither.

What about you?  Are you ready for the holiday or are you like me and just "pacing yourself"?  so much better than saying I'm lazy:)  We managed to get the tree up, but have yet to decorate it.  Hopefully we'll make some serious progress this weekend. 

But not tonite ... tonite we are off to enjoy a "Heritage Holiday Celebration" at a local historical park.  They have vintage Christmas decorations fr0m the 1800s through the 1950s on display in several buildings throughout the park.  There are crafts for the kiddies to make and marshmallows for everyone to roast over a bonfire.   It sounds like fun, don't you think?  It snowed today, so I am hoping for some picture perfect moments while we are there.  It'd be nice to check Christmas card photo off my list :)

Don't forget to visit the Courtney Walsh's "Telling Stories" blog today.  It's your last chance to enter her Handmade Holiday Giveaway.  Courtney has outdone herself with lots of goodies just waiting to be won by you.  Check it out and good luck!

No comments: