Saturday, December 17, 2011

In Search of the Perfect Christmas Card Photo

Trying to get all three of my chicklets smiling and looking at the camera at the same time is not an easy task.  Every year I set the bar high in an effort to take the "perfect" Christmas card photo.  And every year it takes several attempts  and threats of bodily harm before I just relax and realize perfection is overrated.  Chicklets are chicklets and I'd rather remember them as they are rather than as some Stepford version of themselves. 

I haven't made my final decision yet, (yes, am am aware Christmas is just over a week away) but here's a few pics that won't be gracing anyone's mailbox this year :)




I'm hoping to take a couple more tomorrow, but if they don't turn out ... this is the best I've got.


Speaking of Christmas cards, I received this beautiful card from my good friend, Jill. 


This picture doesn't do it justice.  It is a handcrafted work of art made especially just for little ol' me.  She totally captured my "style" with this beauty and I plan to put it in a picture frame and bring it out every Christmas season.  I wish I had half the talent this lady has.  She is an artist and you can see more of her handiwork here.  

No comments: