Thursday, June 23, 2011

Make 'em Laugh!

Can you see the family resemblance?


It's been raining here on the farm and the natives were getting a little restless so Grandma pulled out a bunch of old wigs.  It's great seeing my folks play and have fun with my chicklets.  When I was a kid, I don't recall my mama really playing with me too often.  In my mind, it just seemed like she took life a lot more seriously.  She wasn't a mean mama, she just didn't spend a lot of time being silly.  But now as she gets older, it is like she has finally given herself permission to let go and just have fun.  It is awesome!  My daddy's right on board with the goofiness too.  I am so glad we have been blessed with this time together.  This is the good stuff!

2 comments:

Courtney Walsh said...

Same here...don't remember my mom being silly or playing with us...and sadly, I don't think my kids will remember that about me either. I am always serious, I think, letting my husband be the goofball. I sometimes wish I could just let go and be FUN... but it does NOT come naturally to me!!! So good your kids get to see that side of their grandma! :)

Pamela said...

I'm right there with you, Courtney. I often find myself being too serious, even though I swore I would be a different kind of mother. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to let go more, but it's not always easy to do :)