Friday, June 3, 2011

In God's Time

You'll often hear the radio blasting here on the farm.  Music is just a part of who were are.  It always seems like no matter what I'm going through, there's a song that seems to capture it.  Call me crazy, but I often feel God uses music to speak right to me and tell me what I need to hear.  Yesterday was no exception.  The chicklets and I were running errands yesterday in preparation for a certain someone's Birthday Number Two.


We of course had the radio on and were singing along to our favorite country songs when we heard a new (to us anyway) song on the radio.  It was Randy Houser's "In God's Time" (you can take a listen here.). It was definitely one of those songs that spoke right to my heart. 

We are in a state of uncertainty here on the farm.  We don't know exactly what our next steps are going to be and I gotta tell ya' folks, it's down right scary for me.  I try to do all I can to make things move along, to figure out "God's itinerary" for me and my brood.  I know in my heart things will work out according to God's will and I'll have all the answers in God's time.  It's just so hard to "let go and let God" sometimes, ya' know?

Oh, but no one knows
Not you or me
It might be tomorrow or it might never be
Oh, but don't lose faith
Put it in His hands
'Cause it might be that He might have a bigger plan
Than you had in mind
Miracles happen
In God's time
lyrics from "In God's Time" by Randy Houser

Since I origninally posted this I found out that my dear friend, Mark,  passed away from cancer late this morning.  His wife, Darlene is a close friend and the Munchkin's Godmother.  Please keep my friend and her son, Matthew,  in your prayers ... they need them.

1 comment:

Courtney Walsh said...

Been there! I think you're doing everything right--staying tuned in to HIS will. You're all gonna be just fine! :)

And I'm so sorry about your friend. Will keep his wife and son in our prayers for sure. I cannot fathom how hard that must be!!