Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finding Strength

Sometimes I think my life would make a great TV movie. 
It even has the part where they say, "Stand by. We are experiencing temporary difficulties." 
Robert Brault

Life on the farm is anything but easy going right now.  Taking care of my parents has proven to be a full time job, which is unfortunate since I already had a full-time job as wife and Mama Hen to my three chicks.  Sometimes I feel like a juice box that has been sucked dry.  "They" say that one must eliminate stress from one's life, but what does one do when stress has moved in and has no intention of leaving anytime soon? 

Here's just a sample of the mayhem going on in this neck of the woods ---

My daddy has a bone spur in his spine and is in an intense amount of pain which has yet to be managed properly by his doctor.  He has also lost his appetite and refuses to eat just about everything.  This has been extremely upsetting to my mama and has made her just about impossible to talk to about anything.  Add to that, her hearing has really gotten bad so she misses have of what is said to her and fills in the blanks with some pretty crazy $#@%.  Boy Wonder is totally embracing the "teenage pain in the butt" persona at the moment and is so not pleasant to be around.  Every request is met with a grunt or worse and I am just about ready to ship him off to Siberia.  The Little Prince has croup and as is the nature of croup, it's keeping him up at night.  This of course means I am up at night too :(  The Munchkin not only has croup as well, somehow she managed to pick up another lovely virus --- Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  As you may have guessed, she is not sleeping so wonderfully either.  With everyone short on sleep, there is a whole lotta crankiness going on in the ol' farmhouse.  Add to that, the Geek was out of town last week and I had to face all this craziness solo.  No surprise, I seem to have picked up a virus of some sort myself and now have a sore throat and a nasty migraine to boot.


Right now, all I feel like doing is curling up in the fetal position and just hiding out under my comforter for a day or two.  Can you blame me?  Of course that would only last all of five minutes until someone needed feeding, or changing or some other demand of my time.  

To be honest, lately I don't feel strong enough to face all the crap stuff life is dealing me right now.  I mean how much can a poor girl take before she breaks?  Lucky for me (I guess) the Geek won't let me hang out at my pity party for very long.  He insists that I am stronger than I think I am.  I know he's probably right, but I there are times I have my doubts.  I just gotta remind myself I am not in this alone. God's got my back and He will give me strength to make it through this season of my life.

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
Friedrich Nietzsche

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thinking of you

Pamela said...

@Jill: Thank you -- you are a good friend ... just so yo know, I think of you often too:)

Anonymous said...

Hope everybody is feeling better now!

-Gretchen