Friday, August 17, 2012

Finding Fun

I am not the only one "suffering" from all the changes on the farm --- the chicklets feel it too.  Oh, they don't come right out and say, "Mama Hen, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and need to take a bit of a break to collect my thoughts."  No, their M.O. is more like temper tantrums of epic proportions, sassiness and grumpiness to the nth degree.  If I wasn't so wrapped up in trying to catch my own breath, I'd be a bit more patient and understanding I'm sure.  But this is real life folks, and this Mama Hen is anything but perfect.
 

The Geek had a business trip this week and the chicklets and I tagged along for a little R & R.  I wish I could say that all the whining and attitudes stayed back on the farm, but I'd be lying.  I can say that there has been a bit more laughter and quite a few more hugs and kisses and those are ALWAYS good things. 
Yesterday the littles and I took a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo.  I think it is safe to say that everyone had a great time.  The Munchkin made the comment that "It was the best day ever!"  I don't think I would go that far, but it was nice to just go and have fun with my three youngins' for the day.  Everyone had their favorite part about the visit.  Boy Wonder says it's hard to choose, but he really liked seeing the penguins and the elephants.  We could have watched those silly penguins for hours and the zoo has a baby elephant that was cuter than cute.  Besides the elephants, The Little Prince loved riding on the train and the tram all around the park.  Gotta say I loved that tram too --- 85-plus degrees and humidity made trekking around a bit uncomfortable.  Have you ever been to the Pittsburgh Zoo?  It is a bit hilly.  Throw in those high temps and trams would be pretty high on most people's' list, I bet!  What about the the Munchkin?  Well, she tells me riding the escalator up the steep hillside was her favorite --- go figure!  I guess I need to get that chickie to the mall more --- NOT!  As for me, I liked just about everything too, but I'm gonna go with the giraffes as my top pick.  Something about those gangly creatures always makes me smile.

No comments: