Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Little Confession

I read alot.  I am not picky, books, magazines, pamphlets, the back of cereal boxes ... I love the written word.  I don't limit myself to printed media only, either.  In fact, reading blogs is one of my favorite things to do.  I have several that I try to read daily.  They are written by women who, like me, write about their faith, family and lives.  These ladies put their daily ups and downs into words with a flair that has garnered them a large number of loyal readers who regularly comment on their blogs, myself included.

I have a little confession to make.  At risk of sounding like a baby ... I had begun to wonder why  they get all the glory and I am lucky if I have even one or two regular readers.  What do they have that I don't?  Why can't I open up my blog and see several comments waiting for me?   Why can't people tell me I had put into words just what they had been thinking?  Why can't I get me some of that bloggy-love?  How come they get it and not me???  

Yeah,  you could say I was a teensy weensy bit jealous.  Pretty sad, eh?  I know I needed to put on my big girl pants and just get over it, but it was hard not to be a little envious.  Thank goodness, God is bigger than my petty jealousy.  He saw where I was headed and put these words from Galatians on my heart.

  Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.
Galatians 6:5
The Message

Is that spot on to what I was feeling or what?  (He never ceases to amaze me how He does that!)  I am not an published author or a prolific artist  like some of the bloggers whose work I read.  I am a stay at home mom from the Midwest whose circle of influence is quite frankly not all that big.   While it's true I may not possess the power to impress the world, God has blessed me with the opportunity to share my stories here on this little ol' blog.   Maybe what I have to say will resonate with my small audience --- maybe it won't --- but God's Word assures me that's not something I need to worry about.  I just have to do my "creative best" with what I have and God will take care of the rest.

What about you, o' faithful reader or two?  Do you ever suffer from a bout of "blog envy" or am I the only one who caves to the green-eyed monster of jealousy every now and then?  Please share.  It gets lonely talking to myself sometimes.

Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own.
Harold Coffin

2 comments:

Jill Briggs said...

What can I say? I have been guilty of reading blogs and not commenting and yes, I would like a bit more comment love too.

Pamela said...

I think we all do that ... and by the way, I was in NO WAY complaining about the amount of comments you (or anyone else) leaves here ... I am very appreciative of your "bloggy-love" o' faithful reader:) I guess I just had a case of the "I want mores" you know