Monday, August 25, 2014

Lesson Learned

The bend it the road turned out to be just that and not at all something to fear. Even though I'm all in one piece, I feel I am forever changed because of it.  I now know the power of prayer unlike I have ever experienced before in my life.

I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I am helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time -- waking and sleeping. It does not change God -- it changes me.
C.S. Lewis

I don't know if praying made God make my problem go away or if it was never really there in the first place  --- only God knows that for sure --- but I do know I was changed because of praying.  Praying gave me perspective. It helped me redirect my thoughts from the fear of the unknown. Praying gave me peace.

Prayer has always been a part of my life, but I have never experienced it's greatest gift until now.  I saw a quote last week that really hit home.  I wish I could find it again and give credit where credit is due but it went something like this---

It's only when we face a trial empty-handed and make it through,  that we realize it was all God's doing.

I now know the truth of those words.  I had nothing but God took care of everything and I pray I never forget that lesson.

No comments: