Thursday, August 7, 2014

Counting My Blessings


AWESOME things come to those who focus on the positive, recognize the blessings, find the humor and never give up! 
Comic Strip Mama

Recently a friend challenged me to find at least three things to be thankful for over the course of five days (Thank you, Kitty!).  I am on Day Three and truthfully it has been a piece of cake so far.  From blue skies to fresh corn on the cob, I haven't had trouble finding something deserving of gratitude and today was no exception. 

Earlier this year I enrolled Boo (aka The Munchkin) in a self esteem building workshop series put on by and organization called A Beautiful Me.  It was here that I met A Beautiful Me's founder, Karen Palka (please check out her wonderful organization here.)  She is a true Godsend to my life and it was through her that I was blessed with the opportunity to write a guest blog post for a feature called "52 Real Women" on the Entirely Women page at WGRT.com  My article was posted without fanfare yesterday, but today it "hit" Facebook and I have received many encouraging comments.  I wrote from the heart about something I felt would resonate with women and I think I was right.

As I have said in the past, I have never been one who enjoys drawing attention to myself.  Sitting on the sidelines, quietly observing the world around me has always been more my style.  I also have worked hard to not rely on others to make me feel worthwhile.  As a child of God, I try to always remember where my true worth lies.  That said, sharing my work with others and having them praise it has been a thrill and definitely one of the blessings in my life today.  

Thank you to those who took the time to read my story and thank you to those who stopped by my little home on the web.  I am thankful for each and everyone of you.  Whether our paths cross often or if this is a one time shot, I pray that you too will "focus on the positive, recognize the blessings, find the humor and never give up!” 

This is it folks.  This is your "real" life --- there are no do-overs:)

No comments: