Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Happy Day

There's a fresh blanket of snow on the ground, the sun is shining brightly and my computer is acting like nothing is wrong.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I am going to just play along and say today is an especially happy day

Granted the chicklets are fighting and the laundry pile is expanding exponentially, but I ain't going to let it kill my buzz today.  I need to get my happy on and ain't nobody gonna stop me!

Speaking of happy, check this out.


Does it make you smile?  I know it does for me. 

I managed to eek out a few moments to myself during the holidays to finally get my creative juices flowing.  I have been wanting to try out a little mixed media on canvas for quite a while.  I've seen so many inspiring ideas out there in blogland and was itching to give it my own spin.

 I can't seem to find my bookmark for the original artwork that inspired this piece ... sorry if it's yours... let me know and I'll give credit where credit is due:) 

 Gotta tell ya, it was as fun as I hoped for and more!  I made this little number for the Munchkin.  One of her many passions at the moment is owls and this was definitely right up her alley.  

In case you can't read it it says "Owl Always Love You"  

I made different pieces for the Geek and Boy Wonder too, but don't have pictures of them yet.  I like how they turned out, but this is the one that brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.  I think I can be fairly certain this is an art form I will be trying again sometime soon.

No comments: