Saturday, January 14, 2012

Forced Hiatus

Sometimes things will fall apart in order for other things to fall into place.
Author Unknown

Just a little explanation for the readers of this blog (all two of you) ... I am still here.  I did not take off, change my name and start a new life someplace warm ... although the thought has crossed my mind from time to time :)  Something much less major, but none the less life changing has occurred.  My computer bit the dust.  You never know how much you miss something until its gone and let me tell you ... I MISS MY COMPUTER!!!!

I have so many thoughts bouncing around inside my head just begging to come out.  Heaven forbid I be forced to go "old school" and resort to pen and paper.  Actually, I have done just that because quite frankly writing has become a very crucial part of how I maintain some semblance of sanity on this crazy ride called my life.  I never thought I would say this about myself, but I cannot imagine myself not writing.

I have put in a purchase request with the Big Cheese (aka the Geek) and have been told, "it is duly noted."  I am not entirely sure what that means exactly, but I'm going with it's coming soon 'cuz this gal's gotta believe it's true or I may have to do something drastic ... like take off, change my name and start a new life someplace warm:)

So you may not be hearing from me quite as often for a bit, but I promise I am still here, living the life fantastic with my brood.  Check back again soon ... I'll be back before you know it with tales from here on the funny farm and beyond.

Oh, almost forgot ...

I mentioned in my last post I was going to make a conscious effort to look on the brighter side each and every day.  I had thought a written journal was a good place to keep record of the "slices of sunshine" I spot along the way, however I have decided to go another route.  I started a new blog called called happy minutia.  It's a place where I hope (once I overcome the little issue of being sans computer) to document in pictures the little things that make me smile.  I've challenged myself to take a picture every day for a year.  So far -- so good.  Granted I've only been at this for fourteen days, but I feel pretty confident I can do this.  It's still a bit under construction (ie. I'm not sure I am entirely happy with the design) and I haven't gotten all my pictures up there yet, but feel free to take a peek if you want.

Be back soon!


No comments: