Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Keeping Watch

Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed.
Linda Wooten
I'm sitting here keeping a close watch over the Little Prince as he naps.  Per doctor's orders, I am to rouse him in about a half an hour to make sure he wakes.  Why you ask?  My little guy decided to take a swan dive off of a kitchen chair this afternoon and landed smack dab on his noggin.  Within what seemed like seconds, he had a large, bruising goose egg right in the middle of his beautiful forehead.  I tried not to panic, but it was hard not to recall last Christmas Eve.  The little man did the exact same thing and we ended up in an emergency room at 10 o'clock praying the results of my baby's CAT scan would come back normal.  Thank God there was no permanent damage then, but I couldn't help but wonder if we would be so lucky a second time.
 
 
Ever since his rough start in this world (ie. spending his first two weeks in intensive care) I have always had a fear that something might happen to my baby boy.  It's not always front and center in my thoughts, but it is always there, lingering in the back of my mind.  A little nagging feeling that maybe I should just wrap this kid up in bubble wrap and play it safe.  Irrational?  Ok, I'll admit maybe a little, but I can't seem to help it.
 
I am sure this is going to work out fine.  God's in control and my worrying will be for naught, but could you please keep us in your prayers?  I'm not sure which one of us needs it more :)

UPDATE:  The Little Prince appears to have no lasting effects from his tumble.  Mama Hen has a few more gray hairs, but he is as good as new.  Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: