Saturday, November 5, 2011

Feeling Fall-ish

I am sitting here in a hotel room in beautiful western Pennsylvania with three less than pleasant chicklets. It appears that they are in need of some serious playtime. Being cooped up in a car and hotel rooms for the past week is starting to lose just a tad bit of its charm. Thankfully, there is a park nearby where I can "run 'em" before we pack up for the long ride home this afternoon.


I am enjoying a little high speed internet before we return to the farm and it's far less than stellar internet. I've said it before, but I cannot fathom how we can put a man on the moon and yet I cannot get high speed internet on my ol' farmstead.

As you can see, I took the opportunity to "decorate" my blog for fall. I am not all that pleased with the look, but I don't have time mess with it anymore right now and I'll be changing it soon again for the holidays anyway.  My blog look just seemed too "summery" for me and I wanted to celebrate fall alittle.


Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. It's partly because my birthday and anniversary are in the fall, but it's more than that. I love the colors of the season ... the reds, golds and oranges that only God's paintbrush can master. I love the smells of fall ... the apples and the pumpkin spice .... oh, the pumpkin spice! The cooler temps are right up my alley too! I am a sweater and jeans girl all the way. 

I think one of the things that makes fall so special is it's shortness. Before I know it, it's time for boots and mittens and all I'm left with is sweet memories 'til next year. 

Hope you are enjoying fall wherever you are ... I know I am :)

No comments: