Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

My blogging has been somewhat intermittent lately. Poor internet connections and keeping chicklets with cabin fever from going postal (it's hunting season in our neck of the woods and I'm a bit hesitant about letting the littles out of doors to freely roam when gunshots are sounding all around) are mostly to blame.  Add to the mix the fact that the Little Prince has decided that sleep ... specifically naps ... are entirely optional as of late.  You see, his nap time was when I got to go online.  I've tried explaining to him that Mama Hen needs her computer time, but so far he's being uncooperative... the little poop!  I am sure he will return to his regular schedule soon (God help me if he's done with naps already!) and I'll be back to prolific blogging in no time.   Until then, I guess sporadic posts will have to do:(

Last year I blogged every day in the month of November about the things I was grateful for in my life at the time.  I dubbed the series of blog posts Attitude of Gratitude.  It was a life-changing endeavor and even though I didn't commit to daily gratitude blog posts this November, I can honestly say I have been more cognizant of all that I have been blessed with throught this entire past year.  Almost every night as I put my chicklets to bed, we make a list of the things we are grateful for that day.  In doing this, I hope to pass onto them the same gift from God last year's "experiment" was to me ... the ability to find joy in everyday things. 

It is a true blessing to be able to have a thankful heart, even in the midst of chaos.  A blessing for which I am eternally grateful for ... not just at Thanksgiving, but the whole year through.



Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Melody Beattie

No comments: