Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Seeing the Good

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.
Author Unknown


I love that quote.  It really makes a difference when I follow it's directive and look for the good.  It reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses.
 
Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.  Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.
Philippians 4:6-7 (CEV)

Again, great advice that I sometimes forget to heed.  It never ceases to amaze me how an attitude of gratitude can change everything.  The bad stuff doesn't just disappear, but it no longer has the "power" to cloud my day. 

I still have a lot of "yuck" going on this week, but my change in focus is doing wonders.  I am truly excited for my brother-in-law and this next chapter in his life.  The Geek's absence hasn't been that bad and in fact the chicklets are actually not fighting for once.  Boy Wonder said it's because I already had enough to deal with ... it's a miracle folks!  I have a couple other things going on I'll tell you about later, but rather than dreading the time they are taking away from all I have to do at home ... I have started to actually look forward to the chance to break away from my "obligations" for a day or so.

Because it's a fine line between comfort and overdoing it, and since I am the "Queen of Lack of Self Control When It Comes to All Things Sweet,"  I figured it was best to share my latest stash of comfort food with others. (Sorry if you weren't on the receiving end and wanted to be.  I guess that means you'll just have to drop by for a visit and I'll whip you up your very own sweet treat to take home ... I promise.)  I think giving away my "goodies" helped to cheer me up too.  I often find it's uplifting to put a smile on a person's face by showing you love them.  And for me, nothing says "I Love You" like cooking and sharing food with someone.  The pumpkin fudge, by the way, was described by one recipient as 'little bites of heaven" ... yes, it really is that good!

No comments: