Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Miracle?

They say if you fall off a horse --- or in this ol' Mama Hen's case, a bicycle ---  you need to get right back on.  Well that's easy for "them" to say isn't it?  They probably never were riding down a quiet country road when said bicycle decided to veer off to the left sending one unsuspecting Mama Hen flying into the air (much to the horror of her chicklets riding their bikes behind her)  and then landing with a painful thud in the bottom of a eight-foot deep ditch, flat on her back with her bicycle on top of her .. now did they? 
don't let this tranquil scene fool ya' folks ... that gravel puts the "d" in dangerous!!!!
If you have ever doubted whether the Big Guy Upstairs still performs miracles, I can emphatically tell you without any hesitation, "Yes, my friend He does!"  I am no spring chicken and should be at the very least missing a feather or two, but with the exception of a bruised ego, I (and my trusty bicycle) came out unscathed. That is a modern day miracle if you ask me.

His huge outstretched arms protect you—
under them you're perfectly safe;
from Psalm 91
The Message

No comments: