Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pardon my Indolence

I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy.
Bern Williams

I am having a hard time finding the motivation to do the things I need to.  Laundry and dishes are multiplying and begging to be done.  Home school lessons need planning.  Dust bunnies need slaying.  I think you get the picture.

I had hoped that my time off would be rejuvenating.  I thought I would come back refreshed and ready to tackle my to-do list with the gusto of a superwoman, but instead here I stand with a droopy cape and a run in my tights and not an ounce of super hero-ness in my aging body.  What's up with that?

Apparently the Geek is suffering from the same affliction.  Our time away did nothing more than leave him wanting even more time away from it all.  Since that is not a possibility, he too is feeling deflated and totally lacking any of the oomph required to address the responsibilities piling up around us.

Any suggestions, friends?  What do you do when your "get up and go" has got up and went?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

Now if you'll excuse me I think I'll join the Little Prince for his afternoon siesta.  I know the smart thing would be to use the time to get a few things done.  I'm just too exhausted just thinking about all the work I need to do and taking a nap sounds so much more inviting :) 

No comments: