Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quit yer whinin' girl!

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
Winston Churchill

Okay, I took a step back and read my last couple of posts and I detect a severe need for some major attitude adjustment.  I can't stand it when my chicklets whine, and let's face it I am doing it myself.  Monkey see, monkey do.  I know most people need to just vent every now and then.  It's all part of being human and all.  Incidentally, I don't trust those Susie Sunshine types that don't ever have "one of those days".  I think they're the kind that could snap at any moment.  You know the type ... you're watching the news and you hear someone say --"She was a quiet lady, I never would have expected her to do such a terrible thing. Yada, yada, yada" ... but I digress.  The thing is if I spend another minute at this pity party my nest will decline into even greater disarray.  And that, my friends is a very scary thought as it is pretty dang shnasty already. 

shnastyadjective  describing something that is a lethal combination
of sh*tty and nasty; very offensive; so not a good thing
yes, that is a word I made up, but IMHO I think it should be a real word, don't you?

I know the direct impact the weather can have on mood.  I have experienced it firsthand.  I know that  we can't always control those effects, but I don't think that's what's going on for me here.  I can pretty much claim full ownership on this whole bellyachin' situation I'm rocking at the moment.  Ain't nobody to blame but little ol' me and little ol' me is sick and tired of the whinin' and the complainin' and the whole shebang.  It is high past time to just move on and do something  Since I can't control the weather despite all my superpowers, I can control me (unless I'm PMSing and then all bets are off!) 

I am going to ignore the fact that Old Man Winter has stayed long past his welcome.  I am going disregard that Mr. Sun is on hiatus and sharing his sunshiny self in some other warmer clime.  I am going to put some tunes on the ol' CD player, slap a smile on my kisser and just GET ON WITH IT! 

I know myself.  I can't promise this will stick, but at least for today I am going to attempt to look at things from behind rose-colored glasses.  It's all a matter of how you look at it, right?

Wish me luck.

Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
J. Andrew Helt



1 comment:

JIll said...

Slap on the soundtrack to Wicked, it usually gets me in a good mood (but not always productive).