Friday, March 25, 2011

March Madness

Okay, I have had just about enough of the cold!  Last weekend it was near 60 degrees and I was all fired up for spring and now this?


My "Spring Cleaning" mojo is seriously waning.  Cold grey days just make me want to curl up under a quilt and take a nice long nap.  I mean it's hard enough actually getting this ol' gal started -- I have finely tuned skills of procrastination I'll have you know!  But when I do finally begin to get my domestic groove on, my brood sweeps in and leaves a path of destruction in their wake and it's back to square one again.  Gah!  C'mon Spring, cut this Mama Hen a little slack.  It's dab near impossible to make a dent in my to-do list when I can't send the chicklets outside to play.  Erma Bombeck sure hit the nail on the head when she said, "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing."  Amen sister!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You attempt Spring Cleaning??!!