Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy


"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

Today would have been my daddy's 89th birthday.  I was surprised by how much missing him hurt today.  I think about him every day, but the pain I first felt when he died has been absent for a while, but not today.  Tears slipped from my eyes more than a few times.  I suppose they may every year on this day for as long as I live.

Today was not only Daddy's birthday, but it was Flag Day.  Sadly, not everyone remembers this holiday, but that was never true for my family.  Daddy always made a big deal of it and I continue the tradition with my own family now.  From our red, white and blue outfits to the flags flying all around the farm, we remember Flag Day and we remember my daddy.

i miss you daddy. happy birthday.

No comments: